His one week trip is confirmed, Finally I get the chance to do the bedroom makeover. There was two main objectives in this makeover; the furniture layout in the room and the colour scheme. The layout is wasting a lot of the room’s space. The colour of the furniture is Dark brown we had it for 7 years! so definitely it is time to change.
I made my research to make a list of what I will need to get the job done, luckily he loves DIY so he has a good collection of tool that will help me, nevertheless I made a list of the materials that I will need to buy.
We said our good-byes on Saturday morning, he went to the airport and I headed to our local DIY shop. got my stuff and back home I went to start.
Here are the details of the makeover with pictures, Please feel free to comment or enquire about any of them. I wish you a pleasant reading.
- First it was the colour of the furniture, I started sanding the bed frame, side tables, and dressing table. I had to bare in mind the difference in the type of wood while sanding, The bed frame is solid wood, while the bed-side table and the dressing table’s top panel/ side panel/ drawer front: stain, clear acrylic lacquer, particleboard, ash veneer.
- I added two layers of premier, after drying I added the ivory paint then with the old antique finish.
- The drawers did not have any handles, So I took the risk of holding a drill and actually drilling with it. That was a huge experience and achievement for me.
- The mirror needed something really special. a serious makeover, and Voilà…. Beautiful, don’t you think?
- I don’t want to keep you waiting for long, I invite you to have a look at my latest designs and makeover.
P.S. I must tell you that he was completely surprised and truly liked the new look of the room.